We’re often asked why union co-ops are a good fit for the American business ecosystem and why workers and entrepreneurs would be interested in pursuing this type of corporate structure. To help answer that, we’ve been working on a list of 1worker1vote.org principles:
- We do not ask for any government hand-outs or programs, only for a level playing field.
- We believe in boot-strapping, entrepreneurship and best business practices in a free and fair marketplace.
- We value ownership as the original system condition and strive to extend it to as many working Americans as possible (land, home and, now, workplace).
- We believe that ownership or equity creates a higher civic ethic and allows worker-owners to give back more to their hosting communities.
- We believe every worker has the potential to be a job creator.
- We believe that widespread ownership represents freedom with accountability and responsibility and that every American worker deserves this opportunity.