Pittsburgh Clean & Green is a union co-op green commercial laundry set to open this year.
- With sponsorship from the Heinz Endowments
- Less than $500k invested to create 100 jobs
- Re-employ and empower workers who are being dislocated by former laundry
- Recruit and train low-income residents
- Each worker can expect to earn tens of thousands of dollars in equity in the first few years
- Pays local business taxes as a for-profit enterprise
- An early anchor for the ALMONO site development, representing the green, cutting-edge businesses that the owners are working to attract