- This event has passed.
Union Co-op Symposium
November 13, 2015 - November 14, 2015
Registration for the Union Co-op Symposium is now open! We hope you can join us Nov 13 & 14!
The Cincinnati Union Co-op Initiative‘s first Union Co-op Symposium was a great success with over 100 participants from 15 different U.S. cities and Mondragon, Spain. This year, we expect even more people from Mondragon and across the country to come together to strengthen the union co-op movement, learn from each other, and more!
For more background on what is happening in Cincinnati, read Cincinnati’s experiment with an economy that works for everyone.
Some things you can expect at the Union Co-op Symposium are:
- Opportunities to learn firsthand from Mondragon’s 60 years of experience
- Key insights regarding managing a union co-op from Michael Elsas, CEO of Cooperative Home Care Associates
- The chance to develop deeper relationships with people in the union co-op movement across the country
- Practical resources for building union co-ops and regional union co-op initiatives
- High level of interaction and participation- we are counting on you to share your wisdom!
- A chance to visit union co-ops
- A whole lot of fun!
The Union Co-op Symposium is for you if:
- You are building union co-ops or you are thinking about starting an initiative.
- You want to help strategize and scale the union co-op movement
The Union Co-op Symposium will kick-off Friday, November 13th from 9am-4pm and will continue November 14th from 9am-4pm. CUCI is asking for a $105 contribution to help cover costs. Checks can be made payable to CUCI and mailed to 215 East 14th St/Cincinnati, OH 45202.
The annual Creating and Economy that Works for All celebration will be that same evening, Friday, November 13th from 6-8:30pm. Tickets are $30. It is sure to be an inspiring time.
Union Co-op Symposium: North Presbyterian Church
4222 Hamilton Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45223
Economy that Works for All Party: Letter Carrier’s Hall
4100 Colerain Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45223
We have reserved a block of rooms for $89 per night plus taxes (excitingly up to 4 people could split that room rate) at the Millennium Hotel, located at 150 W 5th St. /Cincinnati, OH 45202. To reserve a room at this rate, you must reference that you are with the Cincinnati Union Co-op Group when you call 513-352-2100 . You must call by October 14th. We also have a network of people connected to CUCI who are willing to open up their homes to guests. You can identify your interest for this option on the registration form and we will coordinate with you.
Hope to see you there!