Here to Support Union Co-Ops
The video below is from the 2012 announcement of the union co-op model with USW, OEOC and Mondragon. We hope you find it inspiring, and encourage you to investigate the resources listed here as well.
- Get started with Sustainable Jobs, Sustainable Communities: The Union Co-op Model (PDF) developed by the United Steelworkers (USW), Ohio Employee Ownership Center (OEOC) and Mondragon International USA.
- Download the National Union Worker Cooperative Movement: Creating an Economy that Works for All PowerPoint file.
- Visit the United Steelworkers Union Co-op page for interviews, videos and resources.
- Download Worker-Owned and Unionized Worker-Owned Cooperatives: Two Tools to Address Income Inequality (published March 2016) by Carmen Huertas-Noble
- Download Promoting Worker-Owned Cooperatives as a CED Empowerment Strategy: A Case Study of Colors and Lawyering in Support of Participatory Decision-Making and Meaningful Social Change (published in 2010) by Carmen Huertas-Noble
- Read the Harvard Business School Case Study on 1worker1vote.org: 1worker1vote: Mondragon in the U.S. (available for purchase and for free to registered educators)
Read About Union Co-Op Models in Action
This is a collective labor of earned merit, vision and determination by 38 contributors in six countries, and three continents.
They’re proving how solidarity, innovation, and conviction forge sustaining local and global social economy practice on behalf of the greater common good. Seven of the chapter contributors include current or former Mondragon members.
Both co-editors were affiliated with Mondragon, one as an international delegate for two decades and the other who did her doctoral thesis in the company of three of the five Ulgor (Mondragon’s first cooperative) co-founders.